Monday, November 4, 2019

What Deanna Read #45: October 2019

Can you believe it's November already? The year is whizzing by fast. Before we know it, it's going to be Christmas!! I didn't read as much this month because... reasons. I had a few days where I was so busy I had zero time to read. And then I also got into a bit of a book funk and didn't read for a few more days and did other stuff instead for a change of pace. I discovered we get Prime Video with our Amazon Prime subscription quite by accident. Steve found out when he realised he could watch his NFL Thursday night football for his team on one particular day and we experimented with getting that turned on and the app downloaded to my TV. Hooray for a smart TV!! And we've also started watching Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan on Prime Video. It's quite good. I'm blown away by the quality of the picture on my TV screen. Sorry, I'll stop now. I know, not much of that above was book related. I'll move one.

Here's what I read for the month.








A bit of a mixed bag with reading this month with a few duds but certainly some excellent books. You can't win 'em all, I guess.

Of course, it goes without saying that Nalini Singh's Archangel's War was stunning, brilliant, incredible. That's just a given. Oh my! Everything I say will be a spoiler for the book. It's sooooo good though. And yay! I saw there are going to be three more books in the series.

Dare You To  Keep Me by Serena Akeroyd was beautiful. It's such a sweet love story. The characters are just lovely. This series is everything a YA story should be. Her characters are likable, relatable, and lovely.

And Faeling Hard by Serena Akeroyd (too) was lovely. I loved the character development and emotional connection in this book, plus the awesome plot twist at the end. It's book two in a series though so you need to start with book one, Faeling For Them.

I've become hooked on BB Hamel's sexy slightly taboo books and Player Baby Daddy surprised me. It started off kinda rocky for me but it ended strong. There were a few surprises towards the end that kept me reading.

Madison Faye is a recent discovery for me and her books are SCORCHING HOT. Brat is the second in a seven book taboo academy series and hooo boy! It sizzles!!

And finally, for a long awaited book, Coldest Fire by Juliette Cross was everything I hoped Uriel's story would be. I have been waiting YEARS for this book and Ms Cross did not disappoint. I freaking adored it.

That's it from me. What did you read for this last month? Do leave a comment and let me know.

Stay tuned for Helen's books next.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  goodreads

4 comments:

  1. October
    A good month, even though some where short, quick reads.
    1. Sixx by Cara Bristol. Dakonian alien mail order brides#2.1. I do like these short sweet reads

    2. Rozar by Sue Mercury. Vaxxlian mail order brides #1. Short read but could have been a bit longer

    3. Gilded Cage by KJ Charles. Everything she writes is brilliant. 6 out of 5 stars.

    4. Maelstrom by Elsa Jade. Intergalactic dating agency. Mermaids of Montana. #1. Well this was different. Underwater as opposed to outer space. Sort of. Looking forward to the next one now.

    5. So you think you can Marry an Alien by Tasha Black. Stargazer Alien Reality Show Brides #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency #1. Short sweet read

    6. Dark Guard by Anna Hackett. From pets in space 4. I do love these cyborgs.

    7. Star Cruise:Idol's Curse by Veronica Scott. From pets in space 4. Love the idea of an interstellar cruise ship.

    8. Cyborg's Revenge by Pauline Baird Jones. From pets in space 4.

    9. The Bear's Chosen Mate by Vivian Arend. (Borealis Bears #1). Not much of a story, unusually for this author. Too much sex and not enough story, and I never thought I would say that! The next one looks better though

    10. Deosil by Jordan L Hawk. Whyborne and Griffin #11. And so it ends. A fabulous series, and what a journey and ending but I will miss Widdershins. Widdershins does indeed know its own

    11. Escape by A.K. Michaels. Vampire Blood courtesans novella

    12. Jet by Susan Hayes. Star-Crossed Alien mail order brides #2. Intergalactic dating agency

    13. Starting from Scratch by Lane Hayes. Starting from #3.

    14. His to Defend by Rhenna Morgan. Needed a fan during this book

    15. Hack by Annie Nicholas. Intergalactic dating agency Cosmos Resort #2

    16. A Chimera's Revenge by Eve Langlais. Chimera Secrets #4. Another great installment

    17. Kord by Cara Bristol. Dakonian alien mail order brides #2.2

    18. My big fat Alien Wedding by Tasha Black. Stargazer Alien Reality Show Brides #2; Intergalactic Dating Agency

    19. A Soldier's Christmas Wish by Vivian Arend. Holidays in Heart Falls #2

    20. Centurian by Anna Hackett. House of Rone #3. This was a great story. Loved Acton.

    21. Bishop's Queen by Katie Reus. Endgame Trilogy #2. Rather let down by the heroine calling on another woman for not wearing a bra. And for docily following the hero's lead

    22. Colder than Sin by Toni Anderson. This was a very emotional rollercoaster of a read. Loved it

    23. Explosive Vengeance by Kaylea Cross. Valkyrie Vengeance #3. Do love these kickass women

    Gil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill, what a great month you've had. You've read some I've loved, Dark Guard and Centurion. Acton was awesome. And some on my list to read. I've read Toni Anderson's Cold Justice series they are awesome books.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely looking forward to the Juliette Cross book. I love her writing.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill, the Juliette Cross book was fantastic. I'm certain you will love it if you have loved her other books. This is my favorite series of hers even though I love her Morgon, dragon human hybrids too. Happy reading.

      Delete