Saturday, August 18, 2018

What Helen Read #28: July 2018

I have to grovel at Helen's feet and beg for her forgiveness because this post is late again. I blame work. Work has been kicking my butt. I'm working twelve hour days during the week and this Saturday I went into the office and worked for four hours until I was so tired I started making mistakes and had to stop. Today, Sunday, is Steve and my 21st "together as a couple" anniversary so I have made it a rule that we not work. We had a lovely day together and I got a new pair of earrings as an anniversary gift and some much needed couple time. I even got a book in which is a big deal for me.

Aside from that, I caught up on some emails and sent off some books to Helen asking if she'd review them. Of course, being the trooper that she is, she said yes. So I'm adding more to Helen's reading pile, but for July, she had a fab reading month too. She's streets ahead of my three book accomplishment.

Here's what Helen read for the last month.











Helen always has a fab reading month. Let's see what stood out for her ...

I had an amazing month of fabulous reads with so many standouts, I don’t know where to start, but here goes …

Rural Romance and Woman’s Fiction were popular for me this month and they all rocked! Truly, I inhaled them. Elsa's Stand by Cathryn Hein and Holly's Heart by Fiona McArthur are part of the Tule’s Outback Brides series and just so very good. I hope there are more to come in this series.

Wendy Lee Davies’s debut book Good Enough For Love was a fabulous story. Cotton Field Dreams by SE Gilchrist is the start of what is looking like a series not to be missed with six more to come in this one. Then Penelope Janu’s second book On The Right Track was an emotional journey with lots of racehorses, and I did love it.

Barbara Hannay’s The Summer Of Secrets, Trish Morey’s The Trouble With Choices and Pamela Hart’s The Desert Nurse and Michelle Montebello’s final in her Belle Hamilton series Beneath The Pepper Tree finished the series so well. They all had me turning the pages. They are so good, and Helene Young’s first Woman’s Fiction with Return To Roseglen just rocked what an amazing story this one is moving and emotional set in Australia’s outback.

My reading for the month wouldn’t be complete without some Harlequin Category books and Kandy Shepherd has penned another marvellous story with Best Man and the Runaway Bride. It is set on an Island in Indonesia which was a fabulous trip. And two Medical romances One Night With Dr Nikolaides by Annie O’Neil and Traci Douglass’s debut Medical, One Night With The Army Doc was so very good, and a Harlequin Historical by Elisabeth Hobbes, Beguiled By The Forbidden Knight was enjoyed. She is a new-to-me author. I also read one Presents by Melanie Milburne, Tycoon's Forbidden Cinderella. I always love her stories. I read only one Harlequin Dare this month. Avril Tremayne’s first one, Getting Lucky, and it is a beauty. I loved it.

Only one romantic suspense this month, Jackie Ashenden’s Total Control and it was another page turner for me with at least one more to go in this series and I am looking forward to it. And finally, I also enjoyed my trip to Las Vegas with Lori Sizemore’s My Fake Vegas Boyfriend.

I hope there are some recommendations for you out of this fabulous list.

LOL. Apparently, everything stood out for Helen because she's listed every book she read for the month. :-) She's loved all the books she's read this month which makes it a VERY good reading month indeed!!

Well, here's what Helen read. What do you think? Did you read any of the same books? What did you read this month? Tell us below.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

2 comments: