Friday, June 1, 2018

What Deanna Read #28: May 2018

May started off great but I slowed down significantly during the month where reading was concerned since I started back into full time corporate work. Gotta say, this work thing really puts a crimp into the whole reading situation. I haven't really had much time to read at all and the end of the month rocked up really fast.

Here's what I read for the month.










It wasn't a lustrous reading month for me but there were a few books I thoroughly enjoyed.

For starters, the long awaited Planet Dragos finally hit the shelves. I was so excited to see another book featuring Dragos and Pia. It's a bittersweet read since this will be the last book featuring them as the main characters and a story from their point of view. I am going to miss them. I hope there will be cameos of them in future books.

I went overseas twice this month. Once to Malaysia for a wedding and once to Cambodia for work. Both times, I chose an author I knew I would enjoy on the long flights. I reread the Quintessence series by Serena Akeroyd and I also read the newly released Perry And Her Princes
during the flights where I was awake for most of the duration. I thoroughly enjoyed both.

The Viking's Captive by Lily Harlem was a super sexy read. I tend not to read much historicals these days but I really enjoyed this one. It melted my Kindle. It was THAT hot!!

And finally, Amanda Quick does not disappoint with The Other Lady Vanishes. I love Ms Quick's writing and her heroes so I knew I was going to enjoy the book. I was right. Steve is reading the first book in the series now.

That's it from me. What did you read for this last month? Do leave a comment and let me know.

And stay tuned for Helen's reading list for the month too.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

6 comments:

  1. The covers always look so lovely :)

    I think as long as you really enjoy the boks you read that is what it is alla bout gald you enjoyed them and I am sure you will be back to reading lots soon

    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the covers always look fantastic. It's a lot of work to get them up but it's worth it. I love seeing them all lined up together like that. And yeah, I'll get time to read again soon.

      Delete
  2. It was a short reading month for me too as I've been on holiday in Benidorm for half of it! Still am. Too many late nights! Gill
    So:-
    Stand by your Manny by Amy Lane
    Enver by Pearl Foxx. I'm enjoying these cyborgs but there are so many typo errors. Needs more proofing
    A Ranchers Heart by Vivian Arend
    The Reckoning by Yrsa Sigardurdöttir
    Manu ( Hell Squad 16) by Anna Hackett
    Mad and Marvellous by Elizabeth Varlet
    A Bachelor, a Boss, and a Baby by Rachel Lee. Normally i love these conard county books but struggled with this.
    Fallout by Sara Paretsky
    Hot Seal Redemption by Lynn Raye Harris
    Alien Attraction by Cara Bristol
    Jadrian by Veronica Scott

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Benidorm. A very good friend of mine lives in Benidorm. What's the place like?

      Delete
  3. I love it but it can get boisterous at times. Wonder if I know your friend!

    ReplyDelete