Friday, December 2, 2016

What Deanna Read #10: November 2016

So, I didn't think it was possible to be more pathetic on my reading count in November than I was in October but I was wrong. I only read TWO books in the whole of November. One of them I didn't do any justice to because it was a good book but it took me 1.5 months :-O to finish reading it.

Yesterday, as I was lying in bed going into my second hour of playing Best Fiends (don't do it, it's addictive and a time suck!) I realised something.

The two months in the US, caring for Steve's dad while be was ill and almost died, the hospital trips (twice), the transition care trips (twice), and helping mom out and transporting her around daily because she no longer drives, really took an emotional toll on both Steve and I. Our emotional tanks are empty, so to speak. Both Steve and I are both sitting on empty on our emotional tanks. :-( Steve's gotten addicted to Bejeweled Blitz!

It is taking us so long to get back into the swing of things. Plus we hit the ground running being back home since we were away for so long. There was a lot of stuff that had piled up which we needed to catch up on.

Anyway, the whole point of this is while I am disappointed I'm not reading as much (and I really want to!), I recognise that I'm not in the right mind space for it at the moment. I'm going to be kind to myself and not beat myself up about it (I've been doing that a bit and feeling guilty about all the review books getting backlogged!).

Here's hoping December will be a better month.



Both books were good reads for me this month though there were only two reads. I enjoyed both of them very much. I do have a review for Match Fit posted if you're interested in reading it. It's a fun story. The review for Captive will be up soon.

Stay tuned for Helen's reading list for the month too.

What did you read for this month? Do leave a comment and let me know.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

4 comments:

  1. Deanna let yourself relax pick up a book that appeals to your mood and read for fun instead of for review or what ever else and give yourself time that reading mojo will be back before you know it went away :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Helen. I started thinking like that and I was able to get through a book much easier.

      Delete
  2. Yall have been through a lot lately. Just a regular trip that long would be exhausting. Hope December is a lot easier for yall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hell of a "vacation" for sure. I need a holiday to recover from the holiday.

      Delete