Friday, May 6, 2016

Insta-Week #6: In which there is a gorgeous book quilt

There's not much to show for this week in terms of pictures. I got sick on Friday with what I thought was food poisoning, or maybe a bad reaction to some vaccines I had, or maybe a virus. I don't know, but I've been laid up and pretty much stuck in bed for the better part of the week.

So here's my last week in Instagram pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

Book quilt
This is the big news of the week. My BFF from Minnesota made me this stunning book quilt. It's amazing and a real labour of love. I can't sew to save my life, so this is a tremendous gift. She mailed it to me and I got it this week. I've been raving about it ever since. Isn't it stunning?

Kindle app
A bit of a fail on the sponsored ads front from Facebook this week. Got an ad asking me to download the Kindle app for my iPad. Uh what? It's only one of my most used apps!!

Pink and orange kaftan
Prior to getting sick, I went out for a lovely lunch with my Steve at one of my favorite restaurants. It was a lovely day out and I decided to dress it up with something bright and colorful. Who knew pink and orange together would look good?

Big breakfast, bacon and eggs
It's not an Insta-Week without a food post. Even though I've been unwell, I did drag myself out of bed to make Steve a big breakfast. A proper big breakfast this time, with all the fixings. It was huge!!

That's my week in pictures.

What about you? Do you have an Instagram account? Do you post pictures of your life? Show me. I would like to see. :-)


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Morning Deanna

    I do love that quilt it is gorgeous there is so much work goes into them my friend Barbara does a lot of sewing and she has made some awesome quilts :) her and her friends have just made one as a raffle for The Worlds Biggest morning tea it is beautiful and I have bought tickets fingers crossed. Loved the colours in the dress and breakfast was lovely and no I don't have an Instagram account. Glad you are feeling better :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the quilt is stunning. I love quilts and I can't sew at all. My fondest memories of quilts goes back to me being a little girl and both my grandmothers made me quilts. I grew up sleeping with quilts for the better part of my childhood.

      Delete