Friday, April 29, 2016

Insta-Week #5: In which we remember the veterans

It's another Insta-Week. No update on the shed this week since it still looks pretty much the same. The guys are working on the inside. The painting outside won't be done for another 3 weeks, so nothing new to see.

So here's my last week in Instagram pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

Teddy bear
I'd like to introduce you to Teddy. I'm just a big kid really and I can't be without my Teddy. Yes, I'm only 5 years old on the inside! :-p

Anzac Day Lest We Forget
This week we had a holiday. It was Anzac Day, a day in which we remember the fallen. It's like Veteran's Day in the US. Our motto for the day is "Lest We Forget". I'm always grateful to those who have served and those who serve still.

Mum cooking  Stir fried noodles
Mum's been home lately so we've been enjoying her cooking. It always makes me happy to see my mummy cooking. I've been posting pictures of her food on my personal FB page and of course, now my friends are inviting themselves to dinner. :-) Go mum!

Big breakfast, bacon and eggs
More on the food front, I had a craving for bacon recently and we decided to make our own "big breakfast" which is a thing here. It's usually eggs, sausage, bacon, roast tomato, mushrooms, hashbrowns, and toast. We had a rather scant fridge so all we did were eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon. Still delicious.

Roast duck
Do you like duck? Have you tried the Chinese BBQ roast ducks you can get at the specialty Chinese BBQ shops? Do you have them near you? These ducks are delicious. Try them if you get a chance.

Pink sunset
I'm trying to take more pictures of the sky lately cos it can be pretty, esp on our drive in and out of the city. This was a recent sunset. Stunning colors. My phone doesn't do it justice since I was in a moving car and trying to do the best I can through a dirty windscreen. Still pretty though.

Morning mist, fog
Another capture in a moving car but this one of morning fog. It's much prettier in person. This particular picture reminds me of the scene from the Pride and Prejudice movie where Matthew McFadden walks out of the mist towards Kiera Knightley.

That's my week in pictures.

What about you? Do you have an Instagram account? Do you post pictures of your life? Show me. I would like to see. :-)


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment