Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Author Takeover & New Release: The Seduction of Lord Stone (The Dashing Widows #1) by Anna Campbell

I would like to welcome a personal favorite author to the website today, Anna Campbell. Anna has visited previously when she released A Scoundrel by Moonlight and Three Proposals and a Scandal from her Sons of Sin series. I always say if you haven't read Anna's work, you need to. She writes with a lushness that makes you think of hot nights with satin sheets, dark chocolate and velvet. Please join me in giving Anna a very warm welcome.

There’s No Substitute for Experience

Hi Deanna! Thanks for having me as your guest today in Deanna’s World.

Heroines, by and large, are an interesting bunch. They’d have to be or people wouldn’t want to write about them or read about them. If any of you have picked up many of my books, you’ll know that I’ve offered up a wide variety of leading ladies, from courtesans to the sweetest of innocents.

Lately, the innocents have predominated. I had virginal heroines for all my Sons of Sin books – four full lengthers and two novellas and counting. And my last couple of novellas have featured virginal heroines too.

It’s lovely writing a girl who has a world of sensuality to discover, and I certainly haven’t written my last pure lassie. Well, pure until she encounters one of my heroes, but that’s another story.

But when I decided to write a series of longish Regency novellas (the first one’s around the 160 page mark), I thought it was time I chose some heroines who had a bit more baggage in the back of their curricles. So I came up with the idea of three widows who for various reasons have missed out on what they deserve in life – and who decide that this sad situation isn’t going to continue. The Dashing Widows were born! I always admire people with the courage to face their circumstances honestly and take charge of their destinies to change things. That’s what these three women do and I’m cheering them all the way.

My first dashing widow is Caroline, Lady Beaumont, who was married very young to the dullest man in England. After 10 years with nobody but the dairy herd to talk to, she’s ready for some fun and adventure. And for a future that doesn’t involve the word ‘husband’. Unfortunately for her, she’s about to strike a big obstacle to that plan. The very charming Silas Nash, Viscount Stone, who is determined to change her mind about love.

Will he succeed? Hmm, given the title is The Seduction of Lord Stone, I think my money’s on Silas.

I’ve got a Kindle download of The Seduction of Lord Stone for someone who comments today. Just tell me the name of the last novella you read and you’ll go into the draw. Good luck!

Oh Anna, I do love a good virgin. I think it's from my days (I'm aging myself!) of reading historical Mills & Boons books I borrowed from the library as a young lass. :-) That said, there's something very empowering and refreshing about a lady who knows what she wants and goes after it. I am looking forward to getting to know your widows.

And now a little more about the book ...


fc


The Seduction of Lord Stone
The Dashing Widows #1
By: Anna Campbell
Releasing September 1, 2015
Self published

Buy Links:  Amazon | Smashwords 


Synopsis


For this reckless widow, love is the most dangerous game of all.

Caroline, Lady Beaumont, arrives in London seeking excitement after ten dreary years of marriage and an even drearier year of mourning. That means conquering society, dancing like there’s no tomorrow, and taking a lover to provide passion without promises. Promises, in this dashing widow’s dictionary, equal prison. So what is an adventurous lady to do when she loses her heart to a notorious rake who, for the first time in his life, wants forever?

Devilish Silas Nash, Viscount Stone is in love at last—with a beautiful, headstrong widow bent on playing the field. Worse, she’s enlisted his help to set her up with his disreputable best friend. No red-blooded man takes such a challenge lying down, and Silas schemes to seduce his darling into his arms, warm, willing and besotted. But will his passionate plots come undone against a woman determined to act the mistress, but never the wife?



Excerpt

London, May 1820
Lady Beaumont’s Ball

    Caroline couldn’t contain a smug smile. “My party is a great success, isn’t it?”
    “It is indeed.” Silas regarded her from under tawny eyebrows, his gaze sharp. “I congratulate you on your victory over society.”
    She flicked her fan open and cast him a flirtatious glance as she fell into their familiar bantering. “I intend to enjoy myself.”
    “You deserve to kick up your heels a little.” The fondness in his expression made her heart swell. She wondered if he knew quite how much his friendship meant to her.     His immediate approbation had done wonders for her self-assurance when she’d been new in Town. Without it, she doubted she’d have had the nerve to claim a prominent place in the ton.
    “Oh, I plan on doing more than a little,” she said on a laugh. “I’ve spent my life as someone’s dutiful daughter or someone’s obedient wife. Now I seek amusement on my own account—and nobody can say me nay.”
    “Until you find another husband.”
    All the color and music and movement around her jangled into cacophony in her head. Her throat clogged with horror. Another husband? She’d rather die.
    “Caro?”
    Silas’s voice brought her back, reminded her that she need never enter the smothering hell of married life again. Instead, here she was with handsome Silas Nash and she was free to enjoy herself precisely how she wished.
    She took in the tall, rangy build set off to perfection in evening clothes, the thick honey-brown hair, his intense, intelligent face with its Roman nose so like Helena’s. It all made for a man of more than average appeal. His title was singularly inappropriate—anyone less like a stone was impossible to imagine. He was the most alive person she’d ever met.
    She waved her fan slowly in front of her face, chasing off all her dark memories. Tonight was hers, and she didn’t intend to waste it on unhappy thoughts. “I don’t want another husband.”
    He frowned. “Of course you do.”
    “Of course I don’t.” She tilted her chin and took advantage of the small island of privacy surrounding them to confide her wicked intentions. “I am, however, in the market for a lover.”
    As she’d expected, her pronouncement didn’t shock Silas. His tolerant attitude was among the many things she liked about him. He regarded her thoughtfully. “Is that an invitation, Caro?”

Read another excerpt on Anna's website



Author Info


jsANNA CAMPBELL has written ten multi award-winning historical romances for Grand Central Publishing and Avon HarperCollins and her work is published in sixteen languages. Anna is currently engaged in writing the "Sons of Sin" series, which started in 2012 with SEVEN NIGHTS IN A ROGUE’S BED. The fourth book in the series, A SCOUNDREL BY MOONLIGHT, is out in April 2015. Anna lives on the beautiful east coast of Australia where she writes full-time.

Author Links:  Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads



Giveaway
A Kindle e-copy of The Seduction of Lord Stone
To enter, simply leave a comment below and Anna will pick a winner.


banner


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

41 comments:

  1. Long time Anna Campbell fan! I am so excited for this new one and I love the gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna always has the most gorgeous covers for her books. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much,! Isn't that cover glorious?

      Delete
  2. Woohoo doing the happy dance for the release of another fab story by one of my favourite authors Anna your stories always take me on magical journeys with rich and steamy stories that make me smile congrats on the release.

    And the last novella I read was your Three Proposals and a Sandal :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, thank you for visiting. Anna is a favorite of mine too.

      Delete
    2. Helen, what excellent taste you have in novellas! :-) Thanks for swinging by - and for saying such lovely things. And thank you to Deanna both for hosting me and for saying equally nice things!

      Delete
  3. I have a profound additction to all Anna Campbell's writing -- novels, novellas, blog posts and guest blog posts. The last novella I read was "Three Proposals and a Scandal".
    I'd love to win your free Kindle download of "The Seduction of Lord Stone".
    Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna really does have a way with words, doesn't she?

      Delete
    2. Hi Mimi! Glad you got here! And thank you for saying how much you enjoy my pieces/stories. That's wonderful to hear. Good luck in the draw - and I see, like Helen, you have EXCELLENT taste in novellas, LOL!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this lady. I was very upset to see that those of you in the future were able to get the book before me... so I preordered and am waiting waiting waiting. Minutes ticking by... gray hairs forming. Jeopardy theme song going...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna is pretty much an auto-buy for me with anything she publishes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for swinging by, Bambi. Your book should be there now! Thanks so much for pre-ordering - and for listening to the Jeopardy music!

      Delete
  5. Oooh Anna! I loved the excerpt you have given me for the blog today. Loved Silas' response to Caro's declaration. :-) How saucy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, poor Caro hasn't got a clue - but she's going to get one! They were a fun couple to write, especially him. I love a hero with a sense of humour. So glad you enjoyed the exclusive excerpt.

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful cover on this book! Looking forward to reading her work! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Anna always has the best covers.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for swinging by, Carrie! I LOVE that cover!

      Delete
  7. Love Anna's lush covers, the last novella I read was The Ice Princess by Elizabeth Holt. Silas looks like my next book boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kai, I think your taste in novellas is excellent! LOL! Thanks for swinging by and have fun with Silas!

      Delete
    2. That's such a great word to describe Anna's work (and covers!). Lush! So true!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Dawn, congratulations! You're my winner. I've emailed you but if you don't hear from me, please drop me a line on anna @ annacampbell.info (no spaces) and we'll get your prize organised.

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Dawn. Make sure you contact Anna for your win. :-)

      Delete
  9. Oh, Anna, I just loved that excerpt. Sigh. Congratulations on your Dashing Widows series. I can't wait to read them all.

    Don't put me in the draw as I've already downloaded a copy of The Seduction of Lord Stone, but the last novella I read was Kelly Hunter's Pursued by the Rogue (definitely recommend it). I suspect the next novella I read will have "Lord Stone" in the title. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing at Lord Stone being in the running for the next novella! Kelly writes a fantastic novella, doesn't she? Good choice. Thanks for picking up my novella - the next two will be out early next year. I must say I'm loving the shorter run-up time for these indie books. So glad you enjoyed the excerpt! I had real fun writing Silas. Thanks for swinging by!

      Delete
  10. I've had a long summer, I need to get back to reading books. Love the cover on this one .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Miranda Neville's P.S. I Love You. Not sure it's considered a novella but it was short, sweet & well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I love Miranda's books. There's a lovely novella of hers called The Second Seduction of a Lady that I really liked too.

      Delete
  12. According to my kindle, the last novella I read was Twice Upon a Roadtrip by Shannon Stacey. Looking forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aislinn, I don't know that one - must check it out. I must say I like a good novella - it's like getting all the deliciousness of a full-lengther in a bite-size portion. Hope you enjoy Lord Stone!

      Delete
  13. Anna, silly me. Forgot all about the novella question. Do you know, with being so time poor these days, I've been reading mostly novellas. It's the perfect length for a satisfying read and fitting into the amount of time I have available to read. :-) I just finished two books in a series called the Anderson Brothers series by Marissa Clarke. Very cute. Sleeping with the Boss and Neighbors with Benefits. Neighbors with Benefits has a cute fluffy dog in it. Always a win when the author includes a cute dog in the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, they sound great. I must admit to some self-interest in asking the novella question - I bought a Kindle late last year and I find novellas are the perfect length for an e-book. I actually still prefer to read full lengthers in print. Perhaps because they're more complex and I take more in in a print book. Some novellas I'd recommend are Annie West's Back in the Italian's Bed and Bought by the Italian and Miranda Neville's The Second Seduction of a Lady.

      Delete
  14. Thanks to everyone who swung by to say hello and a special thank you to Deanna for hosting me. The winner of the download of THE SEDUCTION OF LORD STONE is Dawn Brower! Dawn, I've contacted you privately about your prize. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A big thank you to everyone who stopped by and helped celebrate Anna's new release.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anna, three proposals and a Scandal was the last novella I read and The Seduction of Lord Stone is the next one I will read :) I love novellas. They're the perfect treat from a skilled author. I have pre-ordered a whole bunch of box set of Christmas stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I love a good novella. They are such a satisfying read when a skilled author can handle the shorter length and still give you the whole experience. Is it time for Christmas stories already?

      Delete