Sunday, June 14, 2015

When congestion becomes too much ... doTerra essential oils to the rescue


You would have read in my previous post that I had been battling the flu over the last few weeks what with Steve getting sick and me catching the germs off him.

Fortunately, I did not get terribly sick, a combination of the doTerra flubomb I was taking and the flu shot, I think.

Unfortunately, even with all that, my little flu virus turned into a secondary bacterial infection with lots of coughing and yucky lurgies. I'm on antibiotics right now for that. In fact, it's my wedding anniversary as I write this, and Steve and I have matching his and hers antibiotics as an anniversary gift. We will celebrate when we are both recovered.


Somewhere in between all that, I got very, very congested at night and even during the day and had a very hard time breathing. My doTerra oils really saved me.

I had always used a combination of Lavender (for relaxation and helping me to sleep), Tea Tree (for it's anti-bacterial properties) and Eucalyptus (for clearing up the nasal passages and easy breathing) even pre- my doTerra days.


Since getting started using doTerra oils, I know they have a blend called "Breathe / Easy Air" which I have but haven't used yet that is supposed to be very good, but I've just stuck to my regular Lavender, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus blend.

I put that into a diffuser with about 4 drops of each oil, which will last me about 10 hours, diffusing in 30 second intervals, on for 30 seconds, off for 30 seconds. I find the on/off interval works a lot better for me than having it on constantly. When it's on constantly, it's a little too strong for me to handle.

I cannot begin to tell you how much this oil combination has helped me with my breathing and just being able to get about the day.


I had it diffusing through the night and into the morning in the bedroom and when I got up, I had the same blend diffusing in my office where I was working.

At one point, on a particular morning, I felt myself getting congested and having trouble breathing again and I was rather confused as to why that was happening, only to discover that the diffuser had turned itself off after running out of water. A quick refill and more oils got me back to breathing again.

I guess the whole point of this is to say that if you ever get congested, get yourself an essential oil diffuser and some of these wonderful doTerra oils. If you don't want to use the blend I use, just get their "Breathe / Easy Air" blend. That is wonderful too.

This will definitely help you get a good night's sleep and also help you get through the day without lots of drugs and medicines.


Find Deanna around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

 

No comments:

Post a Comment